Sleep is vital to suitable health more similar to consuming nutritious food. It’s important without considering one’s age.
whether we need to confess it or not, getting the sufficient amount of sleep is less difficult said than done, but while we consider different elements like the way of life and underlying health situations.
the general advice we frequently listen is 7 to 9 hours, which is a good first step in figuring out the quantity of hours that’s suitable for you.
How much sleep is suitable for your age?
The National Sleep Foundation has created a list of the suggested number of hours of sleep for each age group.
|Recommended Hours of Sleep
|0 to 3 months old
|14 to 17 hours
|4 to 11 months old
|12 to 15 hours
|1 to 2 years old
|11 to 14 hours
|3 to 5 years old
|10 to 14 hours
|6 to 13 years old
|9 to 11 hours
|14 to 17 years old
|8 to 10 hours
|18 to 64 years old
|7 to 9 hours
|65 years old and above
|7 to 8 hours
As you may see, the appropriate quantity of sleep varies from person to person. whilst age is one of the principal elements to consider.
below are some of the questions you should ask yourself to understand things .
- Do you have an existing, underlying health condition?
- Do you manage to stay happy, healthy, and productive despite having less than 8 hours of sleep?
- Do you need more hours of sleep to get more energy?
- Does your job or other daily activities require alertness and focus for you to do them safely?
- Do you have a history of sleeping problems?
- How much do you depend on caffeine to get through the day?
- Do you sleep more than you do on a typical workday?
these questions will aid you to understand your sweet spot based on the hours suggested by the national Sleep Foundation.
It’s worthless that these suggestions have been compiled by a crew of specialists from different fields of science and medicine.